Comics, Zombies, Beauty, Vintage fashion and more...

"They would be remembered for a moment then would be forgotten as if they had never walked the earth."
Ed Wood

"I wasn't a sex symbol, I was a sex zombie" - Veronica Lake

2/27/2012

Things I am Loving this Month...

American Vampire

This Eisner Award winning comic series is one I have been meaning to read for a while. I almost bought it when it came out first but was a little skint, so after being given a WHSmith gift voucher for Christmas I thought I'd take the opportunity to give it a go. I am not disappointed.
The graphic novel compiles, I believe issues 1-5, and tells two stories side by side - one of notorious outlaw Skinner Sweet, and another of flapper girl actress Pearl Jones. Sweet is accidentally turned into a vampire in the late 1800's and becomes the first of a new vamp race, one that can walk in day light, Pearl becomes his one and only sire. It is a brilliantly dark remedy to the mainstream vampires of twilight and although I am a great fan of True Blood, the vamps of American Vampire could even knock Eric down a peg or two, there's no happy endings here, just damn good reading.

Shiseido Perfect Refining Foundation

I usually wear Mac foundations. I like medium to full coverage but a barely there, natural look, which is quite hard to find. On top of that I like something that lasts ALL day. I have oily/combination skin but during the winter months I tend to get dry patches. This foundation is AMAZING. I was using Mac's ProLongwear Foundation, which really does last and last all day, however, I was finding it a bit too drying and it had started to look a bit cakey in some areas so I thought I could do with a change. This foundation doesn't quite last like ProLongwear, but what does? However, it does last all day and if you dab a bit of ProLongwear Concealer on top of any areas you are particularly concerned about (I need a little bit extra lasting coverage around my nose at the moment due to a horrendos cold) you are set all day and night. I also love how natural it looks. It has a 'semi-matte' finish and blends effortlessly into my skin. I was finding Prolongwear a little TOO light for my porcelain complexion when in artificial light (yet any darker would have looked too dark) when this looks natural in every light. Plus, the colour it goes on as, it stays as (I have found that with the prolongwear concealor it looks light at first and then drys slightly darker) I don't mean to keep comparing the product to prolongwear, because I absolutely love prolongwear as it will not budge, even in water, but this foundation is just easier to wear for every day. I still keep my faithful prolongwear for messy nights out though ;) Oh and apparently this is the foundation Kate Middleton wore for her wedding, so your in good company!

OCC Lip Tar

I am officially addicted to this stuff. It is AMAZING. It claims to go on like a gloss and have the durability of a lipstick and it DOES. It is honestly brilliant. You only need a teeny tiny amount for opaque coverage and it comes in brilliant bright shades, every colour you desire! Plus, you can mix them all and they are cruelty free! What's not to love? Forget Illamasqua, yeh sure their glosses come in great colours but they are not a patch on these and don't last at all.

Adventure Time

I absolutely love this. I mean it's taken me a while to catch on, but finally I decided to give this kids cartoon a go. It is brilliant! It is funny, quirky and genuinely entertaining, even for a 22 year old. If you are ever feeling down or ill, put on some Adventure Time and it is guarenteed to cheer you up!

No comments:

Post a Comment