Comics, Zombies, Beauty, Vintage fashion and more...

"They would be remembered for a moment then would be forgotten as if they had never walked the earth."
Ed Wood

"I wasn't a sex symbol, I was a sex zombie" - Veronica Lake

3/04/2012

Cosmetics Review- NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer

Okay, so kindly I was given a few samples of the new NARS tinted moisturizer...

Taken from the NARS official website:

Your skin – almost bare, but better. This advanced, oil-free formula provides a translucent veil of color and sun protection while helping to reduce the appearance of hyperpigmentation and dark spots in just four weeks.
Infused with lush, naturally derived botanicals and ingredients to immediately helps thirsty skin feel hydrated. Kopara from French Polynesia and mineral rich seawater revive and re-mineralize skin for a softer, smoother, and brighter natural glow. Skin is transported.
  • Advanced sun protection
  • Hydrates and helps reduce the appearance of hyperpigmentation and dark spots for a brighter natural glow
  • Oil-free. Paraben free. Dermatologist tested. Non-comedogenic. Synthetic fragrance free.

Consumer Testing Results:
  • 84% felt their skin was more radiant and luminous
  • 81% felt the product smoothed out the surface of their skin
  • 81% felt the product gave them immediate hydration

I was given two shades: Alaska (light with neutral balance of pink and yellow tones) and St. Moritz (neutral with a yellow undertone)

I first prepped my face with NARS pro-Prime Pore Refining Primer, which felt really nice but smelt somewhat like the lotion I used to cover my ecsma with when I was a child to stop it from itching. It is probably something to do with the bisabolol and butterbur root extracts I assume, which Nars claims soothe and calm the skin. The primer feels really nice on, and controls oil in the t-zone without having that powdery cakey feel like so many anti-grease primers. I could immediately see some pore-refining too, which is a definite bonus.

On to the moisturizer... I used Alaska as I have very fair skin. It is neither yellow or pink in it's undertone but I prefer a very slightly yellow as opposed to pink undertone as I have some cheek redness that I can not stand and like to disguise! I find a slight yellow/neutral tone easily corrects this. My MAC shade is NC15, so Alaska appears to be the shade that would match this most closely.
However, on first application I felt the colour was far too yellow for me, which is odd seeing as the colour is supposedly neutral. Perhaps mixed with Finland (which appears on the site to be slightly more pink) this would counteract the yellowness? I shall have to see! I think NARS got it wrong when they claimed this was a neutral shade, it clearly isn't. The feel of the moisturizer is nice though, it doesn't spread quite so much as most tinted moisturizers though. Also, it has very little coverage. I have lots of areas I like to cover up, whether I need to or not, so it definitely isn't the type of thing I like. But it does give a nice radience to someone with already perfect skin.

Overall, not for me, but a nice non-greasy tinted moisturizer, definitely one of the best feeling tinted moisturizers I have used... just make sure you find the right colour or you may end up with a tint of yellow, and looking less radient and more ill.

No comments:

Post a Comment